Beyond our Means to our Dreams

When Jeff and I married just over twenty-five years ago it was beyond our means to have much of a honeymoon. We did get away to a cabin for a few days and went to an amusement park. We dressed up in old-fashioned wedding garb for a tin picture at the park. We came home because we ran out of money.

“Someday we’ll go on a big trip---maybe on our 25th anniversary,” my love promised.

So we did it! Twenty-five years later, we boarded an airplane and took off to Paris. We spent ten days in France and it was beyond what I could have ever imagined when I was twenty-three.

I went with low expectations because I thought that would be wise and came away thrilled.

In fact, my life has been more than I imagined---beyond what I could have ever dreamed.










Comments

  1. you have just lived my dream, I really wanted to see Europe with my husband the following summer after we married, a baby and my Mother's funeral stopped that, now I wait for beyond, which will be in 7 yrs lots of time to save for it, beautiful picture by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago, my husband won a trip to Paris. We traded it for a trip to the Bahamas. And while I am a bit fan of the wonderfulness that is the Bahamas, I'm still dreaming of a trip to Paris. Thanks for sharing these beautiful images this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dea, Good for you for doing something you always said you would do! The memories will last for a lifetime. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment