Thank you, Mommy


May has come.  On the second Sunday, we celebrate motherhood. This year I have another perspective on Mother's Day because now I have the privilege of watching my daughter celebrate the day as her own. How blessed she is to have her sweet Naomi, whose name means pleasant and suits her personality so well. I am so blessed to be a grandmother but it isn't only because of precious smiles that come with a chat with the precious little girl. The most wonderful gift of being a Grandmother is watching my own daughter be a mother. I watch her care for Naomi with joy and expressive love that radiates to her little one---who, in turn, looks into her mother's eyes with such happy gratitude. Could gratitude be innate in a baby?  I think of those coos and smiles, those eyes lit up with joy, and I can't help but think they are expressions of gratitude. 

Thank you, Mommy

For...
Singing to me sweet melodies
For...
Kisses in abundance 
For....
Telling me that I'm "pretty, pretty"
For...
Reading books, turning the pages
For...
Recognizing that I like art 
For...
Knowing that I need a blanket over one eye to go to sleep
For...
Long walks in the neighborhood
For...
My fish puppet with the silly eyes
For...
The beautiful beginning of my life
For...
Dedicating my life to God
And though...
I can't express my love "with words or speech
Can you see...
 my love expressed in "actions and in truth?"
These dimpled smiles say...
I am grateful
I am blessed.
Thank you, God for my Mommy.
Naomi.








Comments