Unshakable

How are we to respond to a kingdom that cannot be shaken?

Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe...Heb. 12:28

What comes to mind when I meditate on this question is this:  that even though I struggle with living out my faith, I pray that my heart to love God and serve His people, to seek Him and not what He can give me, is acceptable worship. I am awed by such love that would take me on such a journey to bring me back so I could know Him for who He really is, not just what I wanted Him to be. To know the God of the Universe, to know He loves me, desires my worship, wants to lead me in paths of righteousness, to use me to bring glory to Himself is overwhelming and beyond comprehension. Surely this is the awe that brings the heart to a holy reverence as I seek live out my story, the path laid out for me in the kingdom of the Almighty that is mine in Christ Jesus.

I am grateful, Lord, for your unshakable kingdom. It is my joy to live in the light of that truth today.

Comments